Monday, May 14, 2018

A Thought About Mother's Day

A friend once told me that he didn't think birthdays were very important because it seemed silly to celebrate yourself just being born.  While I don't entirely agree with that, I do agree with his thought that Mother's Day and Father's Day are extremely important because Moms and Dads sacrifice a lot for their children and deserve to be celebrated to the max. 

I know that my sweet, funny, kind children have no idea about some of the tough choices I've had to make, and the important things that I've given up, in order to put their lives and their happiness first.  Just as I'm sure that I don't know a great many of the things my parents gave up for me.  Those times when you want something so badly for yourself but you know that it doesn't matter anymore what you want.  You aren't a priority.  And until those kids are grown, you won't be again.  Maybe not even then. 

It's important to my that my kids always know that they come first, but I'd rather they not have to know the whys are hows.  It doesn't matter anyway, because I can still look at those beautiful faces and think, without a single doubt, "You were worth it.  You are worth it.  You will always be worth it." 

They will always be worth it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment